Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Half-Way

This morning we went for our 20 week midpoint checkup with the twins.  Praise God, all are healthy and well!  Including Mommy...gained a whopping TWELVE POUNDS this month!!!!!  I had told Joe that I knew it was going to be bad, but didn't really expect it to be THAT bad!!  I was prepared for a large slap on the hand from my doctor, but was pleasantly surprised when she told me this wasn't too far out of the norm for a multiple pregnancy.  HOWEVER...before I go crazy with more girl scout cookies...she did tell me I probably want to watch it a little better, especially considering that the reflux has been HORRIBLE.  I'm going to try to focus on smaller, lighter, healthier options this month (i.e., fewer thin-mints).  And hopefully the reflux will ease up a little and I won't be so mortified on the scale next visit.
The ultrasound this morning indicated both babies are healthy and well!  One measured about 10 ounces, the other about 11.  Baby A is head down, Baby B is opposite him, head up.  I asked what would be the likelihood of them both going head down between now and delivery time.  My doctor said there really is no way to tell.  They could still move, but she did tell me that unfortunately, the majority of twin births are done via C-section.  And I am ok with that.  Whatever is the healthiest option for all three of us, I am game.
And they are most definitely two little boys, or so we were told!  So we are finally starting to talk names and plan for their room, and just get in "boy" gear.  We will go back to the doctor in another 4 weeks.  We are excited...and yes, still very nervous.
Meanwhile, Joe has really been busting it on the house.  The weather has not been very cooperative this week, unfortunately.  They got the basement and footers dug out and then, of course, the floods came.  We had one nice day yesterday and Joe got out there and really worked hard to get the footers and slabs poured before more rain set in today.  Mission accomplished.  So for now, we are still on schedule.  We hope to begin framing by the weekend or early next week.  We are in for a very busy few weeks.  Particularly poor Joe!  So thankful to have him for husband and Daddy...he works so hard for our little family.    
A quick thank you for the prayers for my sister and her family this week.  Billy was burned this past weekend in a brush fire accident while working out behind their house and had to spend some time in the hospital, as well as have surgery.  He is home and on the mend, but obviously experiencing some discomfort.  Prayers going up for Kelly as she cares for him as well as toddler Will while trying to balance home and work, all while trying to take care of herself in her own pregnant state!  Also prayers for Billy for comfort and quick healing.

5 comments:

  1. SO glad you and the babies are doing good! And thanks for reminding me of Girl Scout cookies...UGH! I LOVE the samoa's!! They are my FAV!! Can't wait to hear the names ya'll have picked out. That so much fun! :)

    Hope the weather will cooperate so ya'll can get busy on your new house! How exciting! I'm sure Joe is doing a good job.

    Praying for Billy, Kelly and the entire family!! It was so good talking to her the other night. We love ya'll!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Amanda! Glad all is going well! Let me know when you have confirmed names so that I can get to monogramming! :)
    WHAT??? How did I miss that Kelly was pregnant??????????
    I heard about Billy through Kristy and talked to Kelly the other day through texts. I will continue to keep them in prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh Natalie! She has been funny...very casual about telling everyone about this pregnancy with all the craziness going on in our family this year. Thank you for the prayers!
    Thanks Cacy! I think your conversation last night really encouraged her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its great to hear the babies and you are doing so well! WONDERFUL!

    still praying for ol' billy! and Kelly and Will

    ohh and you can send the girl scout cookies my way...just a thought :)

    LOVE YOUUUUU

    ReplyDelete