Goodness but what a fun week we have had! Fun times with good friends, and just enjoying time off together as a family. Last Saturday we came home from a wonderful week at the beach. Sunday we spent the day with the Sullivans (see prior post). Tuesday evening, our sweet friends the Greers came to stay with us as they were passing through to visit family in Virginia. We had such a good time visiting with Mitch, Shelley, and precious baby girl Ansley!
Happy girl, Ansley, playing with Matthew and John (is she not suh-weet?!)
It's hard work playing with all these toys!
Matthew and Ansley checkin' each other out ;)
I would be remiss if I failed to mention how AWESOME of a baby this little girl is. She never made so much as a peep the entire time they were here, and is just so sweet and smiley all the time! I could have held her forever! Mitch and Shelley, next time y'all come through, just plan on leaving Ansley with us :)
Best we could do ;)
Happy 4th sweet girl!
Since Mitch and Shelley had to drive all the way to Virginia they left fairly early Wednesday morning. We headed over to Bobby and Margaret's house for swimming and lunch.
Kate and her friend Mary Davis
Daddy and boys
Family water shot
Little fish
Ahh....we love summertime...
...and watermelon!
Kate drying off with Bobby
In the evening everyone came out to our house for BBQ, our neighborhood street party, and of course fireworks!
Sweet boys
Cousins
Matthew has started pointing all the time...at anything and everything, and sometimes for no apparent reason. Here I had just asked him how old he is about to be :)
John just loves Will to pieces
Lori with Joshua
Cooling off during the neighborhood party
Two sweet girls: Kate and Emily
Neighborhood gals
Capri suns make the best treats
Daddy balloon toss
Mommy balloon toss...Kelly was gearing up to win...
...more Mommy balloon toss. I did not win.
Kate loves sweet Ms. Kelly
Grandmama's annual "Lady Liberty" pose :)
I'll post more on the rest of our week later...lots of good times! We took Will and Kate to the lake tubing for the first time, Kate and I got to go shopping, Joe fishing, and Joshua got baptized!
Both John and Matthew are crawling now. For the most part they like to keep pretty close to us, but it is getting busier chasing them around. They are both pulling up pretty well, too. Each morning I go in to get them and Matthew is standing in his crib waiting on me to come get him. Tonight as I was bathing them he pulled up on the edge of the tub and came straight out of it head first. No worries, I was right there to catch him, but it gave me a little scare nonetheless. The difference between boys and girls has been astounding to me. So far anyway. My sweet, mild-tempered little girl just wasn't quite this busy nor adventuresome at this stage! These two little guys really keep us on our toes!
Matthew now has several words he says quite well: mama, da-da, nana, bye-bye. He is pointing at things and saying, "Dat?" Every time I go to buckle him in his car seat he starts waving and saying "bye-bye." So cute. John says mama, da-da, uh-oh, and bye-bye so far. This Friday is their FIRST birthday! We are excited about their pool party on Saturday!











No comments:
Post a Comment