Ready to ride
Forgive me but the remainder of this post is going to be a bit all over the place. These are just some random shots from the summer:
I love this pic of Joe in his truck w/ all 3 car seats across the back seat. lol
Laid-back Jack! (or Mattie)
Kate's friend Hadley and her new baby brother came over to play one morning. Love watching these girls play together! Hadley and Kate will be starting pre-K together in the same class next week.
We went to the library a few weeks ago for the last "story time" of the summer. I have decided that story time is still a little over-ambitious for us. About 10 minutes in they lose total interest and begin running in different directions. Kate on the other hand LOVES story time. She would sit there and listen to book after book and sing song after song. Hopefully the little guys will get there by next summer ;)
Ready for story time!
Listening quietly the first few minutes...didn't last :(
Last week we took the boys for their 2 year-old check up. How has this happened? I feel like just days ago we trudged in there with two infant carriers looking like death warmed over. lol Something about becoming a parent spins life into speed of light motion. I don't like it one bit.
We had a little dance party while waiting on Dr. Massey to come in. I have got to stop and talk about this doctor visit. The boys were SO good. The nurses could not believe it. Normally babies don't get shots at the 2-yr visit but they each did end up getting one shot a piece...we were a little behind on our Hep A. The nurse came in to stick John and when she did, he puckered up his face just ever so slightly, but never really cried. He did so good. Next Matthew got his, and when she stuck him he just looked up at me and never so much as twitched. The nurse told us that in 22 years of administering vaccines to babies, she had only seen that happen 3 times. Tough little guys :) Note: every time we have EVER been to get shots of ANY kind, all 3 of our children have screamed their faces off. This was like an out-of-body experience.
Just before the 4th of July the Sullivans were in town so we all met up for ice cream again just like last year. It was no easy task getting a shot of all these wild kiddos so we did the best we could. Can't wait to do it again next year guys! We miss y'all!
Cameron is my BFF from forever-ago and still to this day. They live in Connecticut now :( but still come down south to visit family (thank goodness!). It is still crazy for me to think she had a little boy and then twin girls, and I had a little girl and then twin boys. What are the odds???
Beautiful kids
Joe and I snuck away last weekend to Charleston to celebrate our anniversary while mom and dad watched the kids for us. I think this may be the only pic I took from the whole weekend. It was so wonderful and long overdue, although we missed the little guys pretty bad :/
Walking the battery
We had a great July 4th and the boys are now "2"! I am once again behind... I will get to those posts soon. Kate is starting pre-K next week and the boys will be going to Mother's Day Out. The boys have Kate's same first MDO teachers and Kate will have Will's pre-K teacher from last year...all very very sweet ladies. We are excited about starting a new year! Crazy, but Fall is right around the corner again...





No comments:
Post a Comment