Thursday, January 26, 2012

Diaper Loser

I was in the nursery changing a poopie diaper today when I looked down at the Diaper Champ and noticed there were about 2 or 3 dirty diapers that needed to be "flushed" into the can still.  When I leaned down to attempt to "flush" the dirty ones so I could add the newest poopie diaper to the pail I was met with that all-too-annoying resistance you get when the can is full and it's time to change the bag.  Now Joe had been with the boys this morning for a bit while I ran Will and Kate to school and back...and I knew he had changed diapers before putting babies down for naps because he had told me he did.  Guess who didn't see the need to empty the pail.  I reached down to lift off the lid to change out the bags when I noticed there was NO BAG in it.  The pail was full of dirty diapers (probably about a day and a half's worth here at our house) but whoever had emptied it last (Joe) had neglected to place a new bag inside.  I had a great time grabbing up all the dirty diapers by hand and scooping them into what should have been the bag they were already in.  I texted Joe and let him know the couch should be really comfortable tonight :)

All jokes aside, if you happen to own a diaper pail of some sort and have noticed that after the first several months of use the smell is just unbearable, these Arm & Hammer discs are a pretty good remedy to the problem.  Don't get me wrong, it still smells, but every time we empty the bag out I don't feel the need to set the pail outside to let it "air out" as I've done in the past.  I picked ours up at Target in the baby aisle where the diaper pail items are.  I think there were about 5 in a pack...I put about 3 into the bottom of the pail.  Happy diapering! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment