Friday, October 15, 2010

Just a Little Update...

Another good week.  Kate's still working hard at walking.  She actually took her first 2 official steps on her own this past Sunday.  I had her by the shirt and let go for a few seconds and she managed to squeak out two little steps on her own before falling down on her hiney.  Her feistiness is also showing itself.  Kate definitely knows exactly what she wants all the time and will let you know.  We've been seeing a few little tantrums here and there...I'm sure only a small taste of what's to come!  Mom tells me my fits were legendary...so I know this is just payback.  :)  This morning after breakfast I took her out for a little walk (something she normally loves).  The fussing started about halfway in, and I was forced to turn around and come back home.  She just wasn't having it this morning (probably tired), so yep, I picked her up out of the stroller and carried her the whole way home while pushing the empty stroller.  Totally gave in.  I know I was quite a site lugging her 24 pounds up the hill on one hip and pushing the stroller with the other hand.  I think she's figuring me out....already.
Also this week I went and purchased for us a carpet cleaner.  The rug in Kate's room has taken a serious beating, partly due to the fact that it is WHITE (who willingly actually buys a WHITE rug?!?!?!) and LARGELY due to Casey.  For some reason, since we brought Kate home from the hospital, this rug has been one area that Casey just loves to lounge on, and if you're lucky, she'll roll over on her back and rub herself all over it for you.  I really wish I wasn't such a clean freak, but yes, I am.  And not looking to change any time soon.  I'm thinking maybe once baby #2 comes along I'll ease up on the dirt thing a little.  Hopefully so, for my sanity.  I vacuum our house about 4-5 times weekly these days.  Anyway, the rug cleaner did not work.  I've determined there is no hope for this poor rug in Kate's room.  Thinking about ordering another that is a little more dirt-friendly and durable. Which is really a shame because I really do love her rug.
This is Kate laying on the rug when she was 3 months old.  You can only imagine what it looks like almost one full year later.  Too embarrassed to show it.

Kate sure is fun these days!  She is playing so good and really enjoying her toys and being outdoors.

Little Lady

Reading "Elmo Says..." before bed

Look at our big girl!  Riding her 4-wheeler from Nana and Papa

Sweet Birthday Girl, possibly reflecting on her 1st year?? :)

Yay!  I love being One!!

Strolling her baby around the house

"I'm gonna gitchyoo, Mommy!!!"

We are looking forward to a fun weekend at home...no real plans other than to take Kate to the pumpkin patch on Saturday.  The weather is supposed to be beautiful...it's finally cooling off!  Such a great time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment