Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Another Video....

Sorry to be boring and post another video, but these are just such fun to make I have to share. These are some pics I pulled together of all her little smiles and giggles...some of my favs. This precious song I absolutely cannot take any credit for - it is totally on loan from a friend at work. Thanks David!

Meanwhile this week, Kate is on a roll with her veggies. She has not shown to be a picky eater...yet. The past few days we've been doing carrots and she loves them! But ugh, messy! She's also gotten to where she loves that nasty rice cereal. We've started doing some oatmeal in the mornings to help keep things 'moving' in her little tummy. She likes that too! I think we are going to have a motor mouth on our hands. She's already talking up a storm and loves to see our response to what she has to say. She's got the "Gs" down..."geh, gee, ga, goo." It's quite entertaining, particularly when she's getting her diaper changed or when we walk out of a room and she's looking for us. The house is filled with lots of little screams, squeals, and giggles...and every once in a while, a fake cough :)
Even though we are blessed with a baby who LOVES her sleep, I still find myself quite tired at the end of the day. I have a new-found appreciation for moms who work full-time or who don't have the way under-estimated help of a hands-on dad and/or plugged-in grandparents. And I only have ONE baby! We already discuss expanding our little family, and quite frankly, the thought just overwhelms me still at this point. I know, yes, she's still young, but it's exhausting to even entertain the thought. But I must say, the older she does get, the more and more I can realistically see doing this thing again. Fun to think about her with future siblings/playmates. Anyway...how did I get on this sidenote?? This will surely be much further down the road...but how much?? That will be the question.
ANYWAY, maybe the reason I stay tired is because I'm rising these days (at least on days I work) about 5:45 am just to get it all done and spend some time with my little punkin (who gets up around 7:30ish) before heading out the door for a long one at work. And yes, I know this pales in comparison to what some full-time parents are doing just to get their little ones off to daycare/school and themselves off to work, but I am NOT an early riser, nor an early bed-goer, so this 5:45am thing is quite new to me. I like the job...it provides a good balance for me being part-time 3 days a week. But still hard to leave her on those days. At least we always know she's in good hands with our precious nanny Kathryn, such a blessing. Oh, this crazy life. But oh so wonderful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment